There are so many different names for these treats – but they essentially involve Mars Bars, Rice Krispies and are Square, so I’ll go with this one. These squares are super easy to make and an impressive addition to any celebration or get together. They are addictive though, don’t say I didn’t tell you…..
- 100 g butter
- 3 full size Mars Bars (195g)
- 100 g Rice Krispies
- 150g Milk Chocolate
- 50g White Chocolate (optional)
- Line a tin with grease proof paper – a brownie tin is perfect.
- Chop Mars Bars and Butter into cubes and melt in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Pour melted mixture over Rice Krispies and mix
- Place mixture in lined tin. Press down to make it even. I use a potato masher but the back of a spoon works too.
- Chill for one hour.
- Melt chocolate in microwave. Stirring after every 30 seconds.
- Pour melted Chocolate over Rice Krispie mixture and leave to set. If you would like the additional wow factor, melt the white chocolate and drizzle it over the melted milk chocolate. I like it with random drizzles but you could also swirl it while both chocolates are still melted.
Some @thecakemum observations/tips:
- Check the weight or size of your Mars Bars. I bought a multi pack and only realised when I got home that they weighed 38g per bar instead of 65g.
- I reduced the quantity of the recipe, when I made them today. as I hadn’t enough Mars Bars. I had 4 multi pack mars bars so used 3/4 of the recipe (roughly 150g mars bars, 75g butter and 75g rice krispies)
- If you want to have oodles of squares – double the recipe.
- It keeps for a day or two. I leave it as a slab and wrap it in clingfilm ’til I need to use it.
1 thought on “Mars Bar Krispie Squares”