This recipe for Double Chocolate Pecan Blondies caught my eye and I had to make them. I could not fight it. It’s very easy to make and doesn’t need a mixer. Yay
The recipe is from ‘All Things Sweet’ by Rachel Allen. I love her baking recipes, and they have never failed me. I made a caramel sponge of hers years ago, and it’s one of my all time favourite cakes. Anyway, back to blondies….
- 115 g butter at room temp (I used salted)
- 200 g soft brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 125 g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 75 g dark chocolate drops
- 50 g white chocolate drops
- 75 g pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan). Line the base and sides of an 8′ square cake or brownie tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter (I used the microwave and checked the butter after each 30 second burst) and pour it into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar and egg and whisk mix together. I just used a hand whisk (not electric)
- Next, add in the remaining ingredients and stir to mix.
- Tip into prepared tin and bake for 25 – 28 minutes until dry on to, but still ever so slightly unset in the centre under the crust.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes in the tin and then cut into squares.
Some @thecakemum observations/tips:
- I bought the chocolate drops and pecans in Aldi, because that’s where I shop but pecans are now available in most supermarkets.
- I baked the blondies for 28 minutes, but next time, I’ll bake them for 25 minutes as the corners were slightly over baked. It really depends on how hot your oven is, mine is very hot.
- You could leave out the Pecans if you wanted to make a nut free version. My kids don’t like nuts, but I left the pecans in so that the Blondies weren’t attacked by little people. Smart or what!
De (aka thecakemum)
I’m on instagram
and on facebook
and would be delighted if you checked out my pages 🙂