I use this Brownie Recipe a lot, it’s so easy to make. The recipe is by Holly Bell of GBBO a few years ago, and its a huge hit. I have made them so many times. Adults and kids love them – the Brownies were moist and tasty. Another plus is that no mixer is required – you mix them in a big saucepan, happy days!
- 325 g dark chocolate
- 125 g butter
- 150 g castor sugar
- 90 g soft brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 100 g plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180° (or 160° fan – not in original recipe but that’s what I did with my fan oven) and grease and line a 20 cm x 30 cm tray.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a large saucepan, stirring regularly to ensure the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Remove from the heat when molten. Allow to cool slightly then add the sugars, eggs and flour. Stir well.
- Pour into the tray and level it out mixture with the back of a spoon or palette knife
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until the brownie has stopped wobbling and is starting to look a little cracked at the edges.
- Cool on a wire rack and refrigerate for an hour before cutting with a knife dipped in warm water. You can clean the knife after each cut to get perfect little squares.
Some @thecakemum observations/tips:
- Use a tin similar in size to the one the recipe recommends. I didn’t! I used a 10 x 10 square cake tin and it was too big. The brownies still turned out lovely but they were very thin. On the plus side, I did get lots of servings!
- If you don’t have the right size tin, you are better off using a smaller one than a larger one. I learnt that lesson (see above)
- I used Lidl Fin Carre Dark Chocolate.
- Don’t leave the baking paper that was in the tin during baking, on the Brownies after they cool. I left it on overnight and when I went to remove the paper, it was stuck and took a while to peel off.
- The brownies keep really well. I wrapped them in greaseproof paper, then clingfilm and left at room temp. They were still delicious a few days later.
De (aka thecakemum)
I’m on instagram
and on facebook
and would be delighted if you checked out my pages 🙂