These are so easy and kids seem to love anything on a stick, so go mad for them.
They also involve no baking! Score.
In short – stick a straw into a marshmallow, dip it in melted chocolate and dip in sprinkles. That’s basically it. Ok, so sprinkles and chocolate splashes are inevitable, but it’ll keep kids busy for a while.
If you would like more detailed instructions, read on.
- Packet of marshmallows. Preferably larger ones, but regular will work too.
- Straws – Halloween ones if you like.
- 50g milk chocolate
- Poke a hole in the base of the marshmallow with a skewer or cocktail stick. This makes it easier to stick the straw in the marshmallow.
- Stick straw in marshmallow and set aside. Repeat until you have the desired quantity.
- Melt chocolate. (*see tips below)
- Dip top of marshmallow in melted chocolate. Allow excess to drip off.
- Place sprinkles in a bowl and dab the top of the marshmallow in the sprinkles
- Allow to dry upright. I place the straws in a glass, til the chocolate sets.
- I melt the chocolate in an ikea beaker. It works well for small quantities.
- Melt for 30 seconds, stir and repeat as necessary.
- I buy themed straws in EuroGiant.
- You can use any type of sprinkles. Candy eyeballs work well too.
- Once set, they keep for a few days in a plastic bag at room temp.
De (aka thecakemum)