I’ll use this section to post some of my favourite , easy dinners and will kick off with Slow Cooker Chili. It is a big hit here and such a handy dinner. If there are leftovers, we have it with chips or a baked potato on day 2.
Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne
- 500 g lean mince. I always use 5% mince
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped
- 500 g of passata
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- chili flakes or some chopped fresh red chili (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 tin of mixed beans or chickpeas
- Brown mince, with onion and garlic in a frying pan, over a medium heat.
- Put this with the rest of the ingredients,, except the mixed beans or chickpeas, in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Add the drained mixed beans or chickpeas, 30-60 mins before serving to allow them to warm through.
- Serve with rice or baked potatoes.
- This recipe can be easily doubled to make a larger quantity
- You could also add some veg cut into chunks – I don’t bother as my kids won’t eat them. I tried and failed on that front.